Monday, July 14, 2008

To Everything There is a Season....

The season for sickness and injury has rolled around to our house again. Candace burned her knees when she touched them to my brother's tail pipe on his new motorcycle and Joshua has a cold and a double ear infection. Everything always happens together! Candace has been Miss Dramatic with her knees, at times remembering her burns and stating emphatically that she can't walk anywhere and then at other times completely forgetting about them and running around playing like normal. Joshua has been up for two nights straight now. That's when you know it's an ear infection. Kids just don't sleep well with those. It's his third in his short 6 month life. He's on the border now for consideration for tubes.

On a lighter note, I found some old videos of Candace when she was 17 months old. I totally forgot how this stage was for us. It's crazy. I watch my cousin with her 16 month old and others with kids in this same age range and I forgot how hard this stage was. The kids can't really communicate that well, but they usually have this incredibly independent spirit. That combination doesn't really work well for the parents. But they learn how to communicate faster than we realize and the difficult stage is soon over.



5 comments:

The Clifts said...

Thanks for inviting me to see your blog! I love seeing your beautiful family. I can't believe Candace is 3! Charlie turns 3 next month and it's so amazing to see them grow.

Maryann said...

I think the bigger our families get the more likely things happen all at once, right? Especially sickness. Rebecca is the same way about any kind of sore that she gets. She will talk about it for a long time and point to ones of recent past. She will sometimes ask for band aids for ones that can't even be seen. Silly litte ones. They are learning.

Lindsay said...

Oh I am so sorry Natalie! I hate ear infections with a passion. I hope Joshua sleeps better soon.
Thanks for blogging. I love reading your thoughts and stories. :)

Marie said...

She does remind me of Emma.
I hope today was a better day with everything and that Joshua is getting better.

Madame Coin said...

*hugs* no sleep is NO FUN.

I had tubes as a kid and they were great for improving my hearing--but I still had lots of infections until I got the pneumococcal vaccine.

GOOD LUCK!