Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mr. Lucky

Lucky Charms has always been my favorite cereal and honestly I don't really think it tastes that good. What has made it more magical than all other cereal is that every birthday since I can remember I have woken up with a box of Lucky Charms under my bed. In my family of origin Mr. Lucky comes every birthday with this surprise. Candace is turning 3 tomorrow and so far we've carried on this tradition. However, tonight as I put Candace to bed, she asked if Mr. Lucky was coming and when I replied that he was, she got a terrified look on her face. She started crying and demanded that we call him and not have him come. My own daughter was rejecting this sacred tradition! I have since let it go and Mr. Lucky knows he is not welcome here tonight. I hope his feelings aren't hurt permanently.

4 comments:

Maryann said...

That is a very cute tradition. Perhaps Mr. Lucky can mail them to her. :-) I am sure she will pick up on the fun and excitement eventually. That is very cute!

Stephanie Read said...

Hilarious!

Lindsay said...

Oh my word - that is hilarious! :) I wonder if next year she'll remember Mr. Lucky.

Tarmy said...

Funny!
Thanks for letting me in on your blog. I'm excited to see your family from this perspective.

Ü