Friday, May 18, 2012

Good Books

Candace loves reading and we love reading to her. We are looking for any suggestions to add to our lists.

Books We've Read to Candace recently:
The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
Prince Caspian
The Twits
Witches

Books She's Read Herself recently:
Amber Brown is Not a Crayon
Don't Eat Your Chicken Pox, Amber Brown
Multiple Magic Tree House Books
Multiple Jigsaw Mystery Books
The Magic Finger
James and the Giant Peach

I especially love Roald Dahl for this age group. At six she can read quite well, but her reading fluency is ahead of her reading comprehension. Does anyone remember good books they read when they were in elementary school?

3 comments:

Stephanie Read said...

The great illustrated classics would probably be good. So far we've read peter pan and wind in the willows in them. I also heard Betsy Tacy books are really good.

Bryan and Kathleen Jones said...

When I was a girl I loved reading the "Little House" series. I think my mom started reading them to me when I was 5-6.

DeAnn said...

wrinkle in time