Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Kandis"


Self-portrait of Candace. Some funny things about Candace. While Ben has been on him mission our family has written him a few times. In her latest letter, Candace signed the end of it with 6 or 7 different spellings of her name. She then circled "Candace" and wrote next to it, "the way my name is really spelled" and then she had circled "Kandis" and wrote "the way I wish my name was spelled". The next letter we got back from Ben was addressed to Candace and it started out, "Dear Kandis." 

Today Candace came in the room crying after she dropped some 5 lb weights on her hand. I reminded her that it was not a good idea to play with them as she could get hurt. She replied, "I know. But I love to pretend that I'm 'weighting'." It made me laugh. 


We got bunk beds! The kids love them. We also got three mattresses, intending Levi to sleep on the one that pulls out from under the bottom bunk. Instead he climbs in with Joshua, night after night. So after a few nights, I've stopped pulling out his mattress and just tuck him right in next to Joshua. Sweet boys.



No comments: