Saturday, February 20, 2010

Four Year Old Helper

On Thursday Candace asked if she could clean out the fridge. She was very persistent so I gave in. I actually thought it would be a good idea for her to practice cleaning in an area where she couldn't really do something wrong and where she wouldn't be exposed to very toxic chemicals. I was completely floored by how much she did on her own and how good the fridge looked when she was finished. I got a bowl of hot water and dishwashing soap ready for her, gave her a rag and she got to work. She took everything out of the fridge and set it on our kitchen table without a stitch of help from me. Then she took out the drawers and shelves by herself and set them by the sink for me to clean. She then scrubbed the whole inside of the fridge. I didn't lift one finger. It's been two days since then and the fridge still looks great. I have again been impressed by how much these little ones can do if we just give them the tools, some direction and the opportunity. I should have taken a before and after picture, but this is when she was almost done and then the finished product.






3 comments:

Becky said...

wow i cant believe she did that all by herself.

Tarmy said...

wow! What a great idea! she did a great job.

Marie said...

go candace!