Tuesday, October 20, 2009

39 minutes

That's how long I had to keep putting Joshua back in his "big boy" bed tonight before he gave up and fell asleep. 39 minutes and over 200 times of putting him back. Exhausting.

How did we get to this point today? I'll tell you, and with as little embellishment as I can.

5:59 am - Joshua wakes up. Our day begins.
12:50 pm - Put Levi and Joshua down for a nap. (Put Joshua down in his crib like always.)
1:15 pm - Joshua comes WALKING out of his room. He's learned how to climb out of his crib. No nap today.
5:45 pm - Walk out the door to pick up James. Put Levi in the car and Candace in her seat, although not buckled. Run down the hill and around the apartment building to grab Joshua who has run off. When we get back to the car Candace is standing outside it. All doors are locked with Levi, my keys and my cell phone also inside. James runs home to rescue us.
8:00 pm - Begin the battle with Joshua to stay in his "big boy" bed.
8:39 pm - All kids are alseep.

I left out all of Levi's naps, feedings, books read, meals prepared, walking to campus to pick up Candace and walking home, etc. It was an exhausting day. I'm grateful for Emily, Stephanie, Becky, James and my parents who all rescued me multiple times today.

And to add an ironic twist to all of this, we are in charge of the "Dealing with Children Effectively" Booth at the ward Welfare Fair this Saturday.


4 comments:

Tarmy said...

How frustrating! I wish I'd been around yesterday to help out too.

DeAnn said...

You are the best mom ever. They picked the right people for the booth. hang in there. love you,

Kelly said...

Sounds like my life!! hahahaa But Isaac takes longer than 39 mins and 200 times putting him in his bed and he's usually causing some mischief each time he sneaks out! Good luck:)

the Gardners said...

Oh, that is my fear! To lock one of the kids in the car with my keys! And getting him to bed in that time... way to go! Sienna is such a sass and then Tyrus encourages her to get out so he's not the only one misbehaving!