Thursday, April 15, 2010

the makings of a mother

Today as we were walking home from the playground Candace said, "It's not fun to be a mom." My first thought was, "Yeah it's really not that much fun sometimes. It's a lot of hard work." Then I started worrying that she was becoming too influenced by worldly ideas. As I was imagining what I needed to say to encourage the idea of motherhood in her mind I thought to ask one question first. I asked her, "Why?" She replied, "Because mom's never play, they only talk and talking is boring." Phew! Something much more basic was going on here.

3 comments:

Tarmy said...

just as long as she keeps thinking that, so we can keep talking...

Ü

Jeffreywjones@yahoo.com said...

candace will make a great mom someday because she has a wonderful example.

Marie said...

That is one of the things I have long admired about you. You always are asking her questions and listening to her instead of just responding.